What is the filename of the Ubuntu Lucid login screen?

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Mon Jul 12 21:18:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 13:18 +0200, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> 12.07.2010 12:51, Cybe R. Wizard:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:08:38 +0200
> > Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net> wrote:

> >> No. '~$ find / -name 'GDM' 2>/dev/null' does not produce any output.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Detlef
> >
> > What are you looking for, the image file?  The program /is/ GDM.
>
> Yes, but the name of the binary file is "gdm" (lower case). That's
> probably why the OP's find invocation didn't give any results.
>
> Among the results of
> find /usr -name gdm
> there's /usr/sbin/gdm on my Lucid.

As the headline clarly states, I am looking for "What is the filename of
the Ubuntu Lucid login screen?"

Are you going to tell me that the filename of the ubuntu Lucid login
screen is /usr/sbin/gdm? This file is an executable file. I did not know
that a screen is executable.

(In Ubuntu Karmic it is /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg_2560x1600.jpg.)

> @OP:
> Among the results of
> aptitude search gdm
> there's the package name 'gdm'.
> dpkg -L gdm
> shows what's in there.

Yes, but is this the answer to my question at the outset: "What is the