no AppleTalk?

Pete Gontier pete at gontier.org
Mon Jul 12 16:41:41 UTC 2010

I've installed netatalk, but it only runs via IP unless it finds some
optional kernel support (DDP).

'route -A ddp' says:

Error opening /proc/net/atalk_route: No such file or directory
DDP (AppleTalk) not configured on this system.

That would appear to be my answer: Ubuntu's kernel lacks the optional DDP
support.

Let's suppose I were masochistic enough to build a custom kernel. This
probably wouldn't be a very-well-tested configuration (netatalk atop DDP in
Ubuntu). Can anyone attest to having a configuration like this working?

Pete Gontier <http://pete.gontier.org/>