Windows Rant

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 06:07:58 UTC 2010

On 11 July 2010 at 17:59, Douglas Pollard
Enlightened me with this:-Re: Windows Rant

>I might well be wrong, but I don't think there was hardrives in the mid
>1970's. If there were I must have been  dumb as a stump as we used tape
>drives.  A good friend of mine was using a wire recorder to save to and
>they were popular in the early 1950's .   My first Windows computer was
>a lap top with Windows 3.1  and that was used and  was about 1989 and I
>think the 3.5 floppies were pretty new even that late.
>                                             Doug

That would be a "LugAble" but I doubt that a (used) 1989 version would be able
to run an OS that was not released for another 2 years, and I doubt it would
have been much fun with a mono display Black/Orange, Black/Green or the then
"new" Black/White