Ultimate Edition 2.8 need some help...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 12 13:17:35 UTC 2010

On 12/07/10 22:48, Larry wrote:
> *Ok, Yes I am aware this is not the Ultimate Edition 2.8 users list, but
> I do know that some of you are or have been using it, so I am asking
> here for some help if at all possible...
>
> 2.8 has been running for me, just fine, but after I installed the
> graphics drive 96.43.17, the card which is a GeForce4 MX 440 128mb ram,
> I then rebooted my system, now it hangs with the Ultimate Edition 2.8
> Logo...It will not continue too load at all...
>
> If any one can tell me how I can switch it back to the version which
> came with 2.8, I would love to hear how I can do that...
>
> Any help on this would be very appreciated...
>
> Thanks Larry

Ultimate Edition is, of course, Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) with some pretty
things. So, what applies to Ubuntu would apply to UE which is, when
booting press ESC and then select the "recovery mode" or whatever it is
called (I have never done this I am working "blind" here and basing this
comment on what I think I have read here) or boot into (?)Safe Mode.

The MX440 is a pretty old card and I am pretty sure that the last driver
which will work with it is the legacy #173 driver - if you need, that
is, to replace the basic, default driver.

BC

--
I used to be conceited but now I know I am perfect.