Windows Rant

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 11 23:13:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:57:41 -0600
Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my storage is a computer I bought around 1960.
> It arrived and had 2 3.5 inch floppies

From:
http://inventors.about.com/od/computersandinternet/a/FloppyDisk.htm
"In 1981, Sony introduced the first 3 1/2" floppy drives and
diskettes."
> and it had 16 Meg of RAM. A
> keyboard and small Black and White monitor rounded out the thing. It
> ran DOS

From:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOS
"DOS, short for "Disk Operating System",[1] is a shorthand term for
several closely related operating systems that dominated the IBM PC
compatible market between 1981 and 1995..."

After that I stopped reading your post, Karl..

Karl, did you lose 20+ years somewhere?

Er, what's the brand/model of this computer of yours from, "around
1960?"?
I'm betting it's a 286 at the oldest.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs