ensure only my apps work

A. Kromic akromic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 22:58:33 UTC 2010

On 09/07/10 12:43, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:

> Mount the home & tmp with noexec, don't give anyone the root password.

I believe this should solve the problem more then enough. If those only
two filesystems where a regular user can create a program file are
noexec, and having no root access, I don't see how they could breach it.

I must add that since in Ubuntu there is no root pass by default, the
user should instead use an account without administrative privileges
(not being in admin etc. groups), so they couldn't sudo...

Kind regards,
A.Kromic