Windows Rant

A. Jorge Garcia calcpage at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 19:27:09 UTC 2010

> Please don't tell me it was for Lotus 1-2-3 or Wordperfect.

Believe it or not, we did do a lot with BASIC, Lotus, WordStar and
DBase in those days....  Well, before we had PCs, we had GIMIX (like an
early Linux that ran UNIX apps on a mini computer) and dumb
terminals....

I remember getting Windows 2.0 on multiple floppy disks (the real
floppy 5.25" disks with cardboard covers) for free at PC Expo in
Manhattan in 1989?

Anyone remember PCs before Windows and the Web??

Anyone remember SneakerNet and PCs without hard drives or graphics???

Regards,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College