Minitube (was Re: Firefox 3.6.6 Update problem SOLVED!)

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:33:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:35:21 -0600
Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> uttered these words:

> >> I had the old Firefox 3.0 fixed with updates I was offered when I
> >> tried to view a Utube movie and it did not work. Over a few weeks
> >> I had it viewing all Utube and other movies.
[snipped]

I use Minitube for *ALL* YouTube connections. It shows a selection of
pages upon a keyword search, (or a URL search), and this will allow you
to view the video(s) of your choice.  I have never had a problem when
using Minitube, because it does not require the proprietary flash code
to work.

Here is a Linux Magazine review:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Minitube-Slimline-YouTube-Client

You will note Minitube uses the QT framework and is thus a native KDE
application.  However, being a Gnome user I can report that (with a few
dependencies installed) Minitube does work well under Gnome.

If I can find a dedicated application to do an essential job, this
always seems to be the better option.
--
Graham Todd