[10.04]-Best CD/DVD Burn Software In Package Manager?

Larry larryesu at charter.net
Sat Jul 10 21:14:31 UTC 2010

On 07/10/2010 04:06 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>    On 07/10/2010 04:59 PM, Larry wrote:
>
>> On 07/10/2010 03:46 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>>
>>>      [10.04]-Best CD/DVD Burn Software In Package Manager?
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Running Ubuntu 10.04 32bit official release.
>>> The default CD/DVD burn software installed is OK, but is very basic.
>>> What CD/DVD burn software in Package Manager do people recommend?
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Jesse
>>> 16BitSoft(R)
>>> Video Game Design Studio
>>> www.16BitSoft.com
>>>

>> *I would suggest to use K3B, most all of us use it...
>>
>> Larry
>> *
>>

> Hi Larry,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> I'll check out K3B, but had a question:
> Does KB3 burn BluRay discs?
> (or can you recommend another that does?)
> Thanks!
>
> Jesse

*I do not have a BlueRay type burner but check this out...

The K3b development team has released version 2.0 of its CD and DVD
creator for Linux. With this version, the developers have almost fully
ported the popular burner software to KDE 4 by, for example, using Solid
for hardware detection.

As an added feature, the program now supports the burning of Blu-ray
media via cdrecord. The developers have also combined various dialogues
and given the program new icons to match the Oxygen theme. The rest of
the program's visual appearance – a direct port of its KDE3 predecessor
– remains intact, so users will not need to re-familiarise themselves
with the latest release.

More details about the release can be found in the changelog. K3b 2.0
source code is available to download from the project's site. The K3B
CD/DVD creator for Linux is licensed under the GPL.

Larry
*