copy protected media

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:21:09 UTC 2010

On 10 July 2010 12:57, Michael Pavling <pavling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 July 2010 15:10, nepal <nepal.roade at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> A friend has just lent me a couple of Pride DVDs
>
> Unless I'm very much mistaken, "lending" is prohibited by the
> copyright owners as much as duplicating.

I don't think that is right.  You are allowed to give it to someone
else (transferring the ownership), as a present for example, and if
that is so then they can always transfer it back to you later.

Also consider a book for example.  One can certainly lend a book,
libraries do it quite a lot.  In fact they lend out CDs and DVDs also.

Colin