Lucid: Title Bar issues

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 10 16:30:39 UTC 2010

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:47:17 -0600
drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying my first Lucid box.
>
> All seemed well at first.
>
> But after a while the Title Bar disappears along with a little bit of
> stuff around the edges of the window.  To fix it I have to log out
> and log back in.
>
> Also every now and then the contents of the window get messed up.
> Sometimes most of it just turns white, other times it looks like a
> horizontal hold issue on an old fashioned analog tv.  Clicking on the
> Title Bar fixes it.

That sounds like a Compiz or perhaps a window decorator problem.  You
do have Visual Effects turned on, don't you?  If so, try installing
ccsm  (compiz config settings manager) and fusion-icon.  Access it by:
Menu>System Tools>Compiz fusion Icon.
That will put an icon on your toolbar.  Right click it and choose,
"Reload Window manager."  If that doesn't work out try, "Select Window
Manager."   Trying the, Select Window Decorator," may work if you have
more than one installed. (I like Emerald but it looks like it is soon
to be defunct)

Try some of the settings on the, "Settings Manager, "option, too.
There's a lot there.

At the very least you will not have to log out any
more to re-establish your title bar.

../if/ that's the problem...

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs