OT copy protected media

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 13:27:04 UTC 2010

On 10 July 2010 14:15, nepal <nepal.roade at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:57:46 +0100
> Michael Pavling <pavling at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Is this the new state of affairs for media? I can be legally sold
>> > useless media
>>
>> *You* weren't sold it; your friend was.
>
> Actually if you read my words you will see I didn't claim to be sold
> those DVDs.

I did read them - you can tell, because I quoted them in my reply.

> smartass.

Don't start all that - you're not the first person to insult someone
on the internet you know.
If you don't like what I say, you have a choice; demostrate an
intelligent rebuttal, or huff-and-puff like a juvenile...

TBH I'm not a fan of the lengths DRM is going to to persue and
prosecute "breakers of the law", but you writing a haughty "I can be
sold useless media" rant when you *didn't* buy the media, you
*borrowed* it, which is as illegal at the moment as copying it, is no
way to conduct a debate.

If you *did* buy a DVD that wouldn't play on your device, I'd suggest
that you would be perfectly entitled to take it back for a refund; no
harm, no foul (in this country at least, which has consumer-protection
laws requiring "fitness for purpose").

Insulting people that reply sincerely to your posts is just plainly not nice.