Rebuild main menu from scratch?

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 10 04:51:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:02:53 -0700
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/09/2010 08:09 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> >
> > I have resorted to hand-altering the menu from the main menu editor.
>
> Try:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install menu
> $ sudo update-menus

Nope, that only adds things as far as I can tell.  At least it didn't
pull old dead links out.

> You can also reset the defaults via the menu editor (right click
> Applications|Edit Menus) by clicking the 'Revert' button.

After hand-altering the menu back into what I think it should be (no
apps showing that do nothing/aren't installed) I did try that right
click.  Good call, BTW, I'd never have found that.  It didn't help,
though. It put everything back like it was before my hand editing even
though it claims to revert all menus to original settings.  That it
did /not/ do.
Ah, well, back to hand-adjusting I guess.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs