Evolution mail unstable, please switch to Thunderbird for the next release...

Nataraj incoming-ubuntu at rjl.com
Fri Jul 9 05:59:32 UTC 2010

Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> SLNTHERO at aol.com :
>> Evolution mail unstable,
>>

> Evolution is stable. Very stable.

I too have had all kinds of problems with crashes and hangs in
evolution.  Evolution supports several different mailbox formats, imap
and pop.  My sense is that some of these are more prone to problems than
others, so perhaps there are configurations that are stable.  I had
problems for years with evolution using MH format files.

I did find a while back that if you are willing to install the latest
upstream version, and I think they have versions compiled with debug,
then the developers will look at your crashes.

For the last year or so, I've been running thunderbird using a dovecot
imap server and I've been very happy with this configuration.

Nataraj