Firefox 3.6.6 Update problem

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 22:42:06 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 04:09 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/08/2010 02:31 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> On 07/08/2010 02:50 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu
>>> Third-Party Software Tab
>>> Adding Canonical Partner Repositories
>>>

>>           Hi well the data at the URL is very old. They show you getting
>> a device like you talk about. When I do it on 10.04 I do have to give it
>> my password but what comes up is not like the one in the pictures. For
>> example what I get has no Third-Party Software tab. I guess 10.04 is too
>> new.
>>
> It's now called 'Other Software'.
>
> deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner
> deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner
>
> But if you are still having issues, try:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
>
> That's in the multiverse repository.

             I did all and then tried for flashplugin and got this for
the 15 th time:

karl at Lucid:~$ sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
[sudo] password for karl:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package adobe-flashplugin is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package adobe-flashplugin has no installation candidate

It seems impossible. try tomorrow.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI