Firefox 3.6.6 Update problem

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:20:08 UTC 2010

On 8 July 2010 21:48, Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>        Sorry I have no idea how to enable the partners repository. Could you
> give some instructions?

If you look back through messages on this forum you will find a thread
with subject "Re: Hi! I'm new to UBUNTU! - hijacked from: Goodbye
Linux/Ubuntu"
On 29th may you posted:

On 05/29/2010 07:13 AM, Colin Law wrote:

    On 29 May 2010 14:00, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
        karl at Lucid:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin
        [sudo] password for karl:
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
        Package sun-java6-jre is not available, but is referred to by another
        package.
        is only available from another source
        E: Package sun-java6-jre has no installation candidate
        karl at Lucid:~$

            This does not work on my 10.04

    It works ok for me.  Have you enabled the Partner repository?

    Colin

       No idea.

73 Karl

In reply I posted:

>On 29 May 2010 14:19, Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> It works ok for me.  Have you enabled the Partner repository?
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>

>>        No idea.
>
> Are you really trying to tell us after all these years using Ubuntu
> that you do not know about enabling repositories?  Go to System,
> Administration, Software Sources, Other Software and check that the
> ubuntu partner repository is enabled.

Now I know that was a good six weeks ago and I believe that you are of
a great and venerable age so no doubt the memory is not quite what it
was, so perhaps you should note down somewhere how to do this so that
you do not have to ask again in another six weeks.

And please, as I have asked several times, do not send me a personal
copy of your posts in addition of sending one to the list, I do not
need two copies.  Thanks.

Colin