Best File System for Media Repository

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Thu Jul 8 15:10:06 UTC 2010

Hey there!

I just bought a 1TB IOmega external USB 2.0 Hard Disk. It came formated as
NTFS.

I want to use it for all my music and video file (all of which I riped from
my own original CDs and DVDs, of course!)

I was wondering what's the best Partition and File System types for the job?

I have partitioned the whole drive as Linux (0x82) and formated it as EXT4 -
checking the properties I got: 46.8 GB used and 870.1 GB free - and that's
without any files on it!

I remember something like 4 GB uses an 960 free before changing the
partition from NTFS....

can it be? Should I just put it back to NTFS?!

Thanks!

.:====================================================:.

Amichai Rotman

בברכה,