Internet Connection Sharing on Lucid (10.04)

clintin at linuxmail.org clintin at linuxmail.org
Wed Jul 7 16:53:13 UTC 2010

Anybody tried network connection sharing (Share to Other Computers) for Eth0 when using a wireless connection using Network Manager?  This is fresh install of Lucid where I have installed (activated) the Broadcom STA drivers and the wireless works great.  When I enable "Share to Other Computers" the Eth0 port bounces between connected and disconnected while connected to the other computer with a crossover cable. One thing I observed is that the Network Manager sets up the wireless connection as Eth1 rather than wlan0. I have another system where I used Network Manager to "share to other computers", (not Debian based) and the wireless is set as Wlan0 and the shared Ethernet wired connection is at 10.x.x.x when I look at it with ifconfig.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Clint