9.04 -> 9.10 -> 10.04 upgrade with alternate iso

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:30:26 UTC 2010

How do you go about upgrading from an old version to the current version by
networkless upgrades?  Perhaps there's an additional step, or I'm doing it
incorrectly:

thufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jaunty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.04"
thufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$ sudo mount -o loop
/home/thufir/Desktop/ubuntu-9.10-alternate-i386.iso /media/cdrom0
thufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$ gksu "sh /cdrom0/cdromupgrade"
sh: Can't open /cdrom0/cdromupgradethufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$ sudo gksu "sh /cdrom0/cdromupgrade"
sh: Can't open /cdrom0/cdromupgrade
thufir at arrakis:~$

When I enter the gksu command from alt+F2 I'm prompted for a password but see no
error message, nor does anything visibly happen.

thanks,

Thufir