USB Not Automounting in 10.04 <Solved - Sort of>

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:23:29 UTC 2010

> Perhaps it's this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/564459
> [USB devices not detected when hotplugged]

It certainly looks like it.  It appears to be related to dropping HAL
and moving totally to udev in 10.04.  The udev rules have to be
written to correctly reference the system and the device.  Definitely
not my area of expertise.  Reading through the udev rules manual told
me enough to know that I don't know how to write them.

Hopefully a patch will be written to correct this.  In the mean time,
I seem to have two options.  Either boot up in -21 or plug my devices
in prior to booting up.

Barry