CUPS doesnt print anymore

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jul 6 19:02:42 UTC 2010

On 07/06/2010 02:32 PM, Christian Wolter wrote:
> The HP-Device Manager says: Device is busy.
> Unable to open device hp:/usb/hp_LaserJet_1320_series?serial=00CNHW5DFGD3.
>
> Reinstalling results in a "device communication error"
>

> lpinfo -v says
>
> direct usb://HP/LaserJet%201320%20series
> direct hp:/usb/hp_LaserJet_1320_series?serial=00CNHW5DFGD3

Have you gone into CUPS and put your user in as an approved user? Made
the printer the default? Can you print a test page through the hplip
gui? I know...coming in late to this thread, but I've had the same
errors and managed a fix with all of these settings done. You might also
want to move the usb cable to another plug.

Fred