Jesus, am I using windows here or what????

Pete Vander Giessen petevg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:12:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net> wrote:
> OK, I've got the old version running now, but even 'though I have had it
> install flash support twice, I still have no flash support. How do I
> manage to correctly get flash working again????

Hi Ray,

Ubuntu installs the flash plugin .so file to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/.  But you want it in the plugins directory
of your manual install of Firefox, wherever you put it.

If you installed firefox in /opt/firefox, you would enable flash by
typing this in a terminal:

    sudo cp /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flashplugin*.so /opt/firefox/plugins

Then restart your browser, and it should work.

~PeteVG

" ... the original aphorism being 'In comparison with the ancients, we
stand like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants.' The image was a
commonplace by the time Newton used it, his one contribution being to
erase any sense that he himself might be a dwarf."

~ Lewis Hyde