Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 5 21:41:08 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 04:50 PM, Steve Flynn wrote:
>>> if any problem in linux or ubuntu as an operating system you can send your
>>> each problem we will definately solve your problem ..Afterall if you send
>>> your problem to microsoft they will reply with in 24 hours but we will reply
>>> within a single minute .
>>> regards
>>>
> We will will we?... definitely?.... and reply within a minute?
>
> I take umbrage with the "Microsoft respond within 24 hours" slant too.
> I've mailed kernel dumps and had a reply within 15 seconds with a
> solution. Admittedly, the crashes were all caused by a flaky Nvidia
> driver back in 2008 and it was an automated crash analyser much like
> the apport (or whatever it's called) bot which handles bug reports and
> its mailed me back within 30 seconds too. Never given me a solution
> yet though, I have to say.
>
> Enthusiasm is great, but be prepared to back it up with results.
>
> :)

I started this Linux thing back about year 2000 I installed Debian which
was a feat in itself.  I should have been really proud of my self but
instead felt like a looser. After that the first couple years I went
back to windows so may times I can't count them. I personally found that
I could no go back and stay.  I had been totally ruined by first Debian,
and finally now Ubuntu.  I would suggest that no one should go back to
widows.  If you have managed to get any linux program running you are
ruined for life. It's like having sex for the first time. The is no
going back to being happy with a little
feel.                                         Doug