Migrate Windows 2000 AD to Ubuntu 10.4

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Jul 5 09:53:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

> - use net vampire process to extract information of AD

I am not sure what vampire covers, but for a machine to be recognized
into a domain managed by samba, you need to have a Unix user with the
name of the machine postfixed with a $ (for a machine comp you need a
Unix user account comp$).

This machine account must exist in your LDAP directory.

As a general process, I would install the Samba controler+LDAP on a
test domain, try to attach one machine to that domain and acertain
everything is running fine. I would migrate all the clients only after
the test has succeeded.

Best regards,

Olivier