Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 3 22:10:32 UTC 2010

On 07/03/2010 01:44 PM, rbv wrote:

> I may be called childish, but for a simpleton like me, do i have a choice.
>
> regards

Nobody should call you childish, or a simpleton; OS' & applications are
meant to serve. If Windows is a better fit for you (particularly since
your son is an M$ engineer) then stick with what suits your requirements
- you do indeed have a choice.

That said, should you (or your son) decide to give Ubuntu/linux a try
again, come on back. Limit your questions to one issue at a time, try to
provide as much detail as you can, and have some patience. You might
also look into a local LUG (linux users group)[1] nearby so that you can
get one-on-one assistance directly. Sometimes it just takes someone to
sit down with you, walk through your machine setup, and get you on the
right track.

[1]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam