Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

rbv rajaramanbv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 21:10:26 UTC 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 02:22 AM, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM, rbv <rajaramanbv at gmail.com
> <mailto:rajaramanbv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     May be Ubuntu is not for people like me, with very limited or no
>     knowledge of software technology.
>
>     Brasaro has spoiled my DVD RW, all types, Blanking them has left
>     them unusable again anywhere.
>
>     Would not read USBs,  USB mouse hangs every now and then, i have
>     to unplug and plug again and again in different USB ports,
>     suddenly in one of them it will work for some time.
>
>     Browser crashed often, after the latest update.
>
>     Machine makes a lot of grinder noise, when i insert an ordinary
>     movie CD or DVD to play,
>
>     It is its wim and wish, to read or not to read any CD or DVD.
>
>     I have been not been able to install my nVidia graphic card, when
>     i activate it the system would not start. It simply hangs, with a
>     curser at the right corner of the screen blinking happily forever.
>     I have to cut the electric supply and retry again to the same
>     effect, forceing to start with live DVD and reinstall all over,
>     formatting my hard disk. It is pathetic i cannot use my graphic card.
>
>     Lot of Java problems.  NSEindia.com.
>
>     I am afraid , the forum is not for people like me, but only for
>     experts in software.
>
>     By paying some money i get a Fit it and Forget it OS in Windows,
>     am i wrong.
>
>     I may be asked for details, only to be rediculed, about my lack of
>     knowledge.
>
>     Most of the applications MAY be updated and not supported or
>     certified by Ubuntu. For Windows, there are any number of Free
>     software for any task.
>
>     My children can not play any of the game demos even.
>
>     I may be called childish, but for a simpleton like me, do i have a
>     choice.
>
>     regards

>     --
>

> rbv--
>
> some unsolicited advice:  don't perform any financial transactions
> online and ditto for any sensitive info as well.  I wish you the best
> of luck in the Window$ environment.
>
> --nb
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
> http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)
nb

Thank you for your advice, it is most welcome. But that is what i do
everyday several times a day, financial transations, money transfer,
share buying selling everything sensitive. Precisely for this reason i
tried, in a new seperate machine, Ubuntu, exclusively for my personal
use for these transactions. Even my son who is a MS software engineer,
says he is unable to help. In his office they all use Windows he says. I
am thanking you

rbv