Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:57:13 UTC 2010

rbv wrote:
> May be Ubuntu is not for people like me, with very limited or no
> knowledge of software technology.
>
> Brasaro has spoiled my DVD RW, all types, Blanking them has left them
> unusable again anywhere.
>
> Would not read USBs,  USB mouse hangs every now and then, i have to
> unplug and plug again and again in different USB ports, suddenly in one
> of them it will work for some time.
>
> Browser crashed often, after the latest update.
>
> Machine makes a lot of grinder noise, when i insert an ordinary movie CD
> or DVD to play,
>
> It is its wim and wish, to read or not to read any CD or DVD.
>
> I have been not been able to install my nVidia graphic card, when i
> activate it the system would not start. It simply hangs, with a curser
> at the right corner of the screen blinking happily forever. I have to
> cut the electric supply and retry again to the same effect, forceing to
> start with live DVD and reinstall all over, formatting my hard disk. It
> is pathetic i cannot use my graphic card.
>
> Lot of Java problems.  NSEindia.com.
>
> I am afraid , the forum is not for people like me, but only for experts
> in software.
>
> By paying some money i get a Fit it and Forget it OS in Windows, am i wrong.
>
> I may be asked for details, only to be rediculed, about my lack of
> knowledge.
>
> Most of the applications MAY be updated and not supported or certified
> by Ubuntu. For Windows, there are any number of Free software for any task.
>
> My children can not play any of the game demos even.
>
> I may be called childish, but for a simpleton like me, do i have a choice.
>
> regards

You do have a choice and you are making it.

Lets start with this. On 6-25 you posted a email about multiples of
items. How about starting with asking 1 question, getting that solved
and then asking another.

And there are more than one place to ask questions - about how about
forums.

I dont see anything in your emails about your system. How old is this
computer? What hardware do you have?

Is Ubuntu for every machine? No. Some machines take work - others, not
so much.

As for choice: Windows is mandated to a degree and you see no other
option but that. This isnt a use this instead of that OS. This is, you
have alternatives but you will have to learn about your alternatives
before you can use them.

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675