Latest Firefox 3.6.6 - I don't like it...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 3 08:48:04 UTC 2010

On 03/07/10 17:50, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 02:36:04PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 03/07/10 09:24, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>
>                   .........snip.........
>

>>> That's what I like about Linux and probably computers in general. Just
>>> when you think you know what you're doing they rise up and slap you
>>> upside the head as a reminder of how far you still have to go. Great
>>> little ego buster, huh?
>>>

>> Nothing like a bit of excitement in one's life, eh? :-) .
>>
> Oh, it gets even more thrilling. I just found out that I now can't open
> FF from slrn, my news reader.

LOL!

Fun, fun, fun.....

And to make it even more interesting to what I stated earlier that I
have this problem solved after what Traveller wrote, my wife is still
running another distro (insists that I don't change her over until the
TV series she is following ends shortly...don't ask...) and she, too, is
unable to have TB call up FF from a link; I went to look in her system
and found that what she has in TB's Preferences>Attachments has
everything in it including the kitchen sink - but no mention at all of
"http" or "https" even though I have put reference to them in the Config
editor (Preferences>Advanced>General>Config Editor). And I don't know
how to insert these items into this Attachments listing.

BC