Ubuntu 10.04 USB Mouse Problems reported by a number of, users.

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 21:32:08 UTC 2010

Folks,

This is why I feel that it is indeed a USB Mouse problem:

1. google search for  "usb mouse quits in ubuntu 10.04" without the quotes.

2. go to https://launchpad.net and enter "ubuntu 10.04 usb mouse"
without the quotes.

The system is totally locked up, nothing works, no keys are recognized.

I have not yet tried the suggestion of using Alt-sys-req keys, however, the next
time it locks up (and it will) I will try that.

There are entries in the Xorg.0.log for the mouse and a line that there is no
driver.  I found a suggested work around for this but I could not get it to work.

I just found another suggestion that said to unplug and replug the USB devices,
I will try that also.

Cheers,
Jay

--