Latest Firefox 3.6.6 - I don't like it...

Traveller traveller at petlover.com
Fri Jul 2 21:07:52 UTC 2010

On 01/07/2010 11:40 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 02/07/10 10:58, Robert Holtzman wrote:

>>> Oh good, I wasn't imagining it then :-) .

>>> Unless what you wrote above is not quite right or I am not reading it
>>> correctly, adding a line into my .bashrc exactly as you show produces
>>> the same result as one from a dead horse :-( .
>>>
>> I'll be damned.
>

> Welcome to the club :-) .
>

>>    It looks like Alpine, which I also have on my system,
>> doesn't have the problem but Mutt does. Alpine has the FF path right in
>> it's configuration file but Mutt depends on urlscan or urlview (separate
>> programs from Mutt) to call the browser. The
>> /usr/share/doc/urlscan/README file says
>>
>> "urlscan uses sensible-browser to invoke the default  Web browser of
>> the  current environment.   To choose  a particular  browser,  set the
>> environment variable BROWSER; e.g.,
>>
>> export BROWSER=/usr/bin/epiphany"
>>
>> which, of course, changes to FF. Only used T'bird briefly a few years
>> ago and can't remember the where browser is called but he ~/.bashrc
>> entry *should* be a universal fix (it says here in fine print).
>>

> I installed Maverick Alpha #2 earlier today and the same behaviour
> happens between TB and FF: simply clicking on the link does nothing nor
> does R-C'ing and selecting Open Link with Browser :-( . This feature has
> been deaded :-( - for me at least.
>
> HOWEVER! Some good nooos!
>
> For many years I have had an add-on called Launchy installed in TB and
> which never worked, so I disabled it.
>
> I decided to go for broke and re-activated it. And suddenly something
> which didn't work for years sprang into life, and Launchy works! Means 3
> more mouse clicks...but whose counting, eh? :-)
>
> BC

Just out of curiosity, have you checked Preferences > Attachments to
make sure that FireFox is properly set as the handler for http? I had
this sort of behaviour on my Windoze box awhile ago, and found that,
even though the handler claimed to be FireFox, it was pointing in the
wrong direction. I had to "re-aim" it, and all was well.
	Dave