ubuntu forums

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 15:32:52 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 10:58 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:41:58 -0400
> Douglas Pollard<dougpol1 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>

>> I wish this top posting argument would go away.
>>
> For this mailing list there /is/ no argument; the rule is spelled out
> in black and white English right there on the page I quoted.  Where is
> the argument?  Only those who can't read or comprehend English can even
> imagine that there is an argument.
>
> You are /just/ and /only/ doing it incorrectly.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

OK, for once and for all  I am going to go back to bottom posting.  I
belong to a lot of lists and some of them are going to give me a hard
time over bottom posting.I will quit them. There is no way I will ever
remember which lists are bottom posted and which are top posted.  So
again I say, I wish the problem would just go away. Some lists say it
makes archiving easier and to me in these days of computers where you
press a button and the list can be upside down or right side up this
seems to me, not a valid argument.  What ever makes reading the posts
easier makes the most sense. I have never liked top posting but did it
because of it being that was the way certain lists wanted it.   I guess
it boils down to which lists are too much trouble to be on? Now I have a
habit to break.
                                                                     Doug