ODBC conection

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Jul 1 17:33:22 UTC 2010

I have a peice of dedicated hardwarethatis suposed to provide remote ODBC
connectivity. It uses Postgres for it's database.

I have never done ODBC before. How do I go about setting up access to this
device? Do I need to use something like Open Office? It appears that both
base, and calc support ODBC conectivity, but it looks like this is one of
those "standards that are not a standard".

It appears that I need to define an ODBC instnace at teh OS level, before
OO can use it. is this correct? If so, how do I go about doing that?