Did I or did I not upgrade 9.10 -> 10.4

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:29:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:34 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 06/30/2010 01:08 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > I have a laptop that was running 9.10 just fine.  I put off the upgrade
> > until Summer, when it can fritz out on me without too much anguish.
> >
> > So Summer is here, and it was upgrading itself all of yesterday.  It said
> it
> > loaded and installed and reconfigured gobs of stuff.
> >
> > So how come Update Manager is still offering the upgrade, and I have
> other
> > hints that parts of the system still think they are 9.10, like System ->
> > About Ubuntu.
> >

> Sounds like the upgrade didn't complete. What do you show for:
>
> $ uname -a
> $ cat /etc/lsb-release
>
> If fully updated the last should show:
> $ cat /etc/lsb-release
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.04
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=lucid
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.04 LTS"
>
> If it doesn't then:
>
> $ sudo apt-get update
> $ sudo apt-get upgrade
> $ sudo apt-get install -f
> $ sudo dpkg --configure -a

Well, I got impatient yesterday, and just did package manager again.  This
time it pretty obviously *did* work.  I get the same stuff you did above.
I'm grumbling about where my window controls are, and all the rest of what's
been happening to everyone else that succeeded.

Thanks for the help.l

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD