Latest Firefox 3.6.6 - I don't like it...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 1 07:44:59 UTC 2010

On 01/07/10 08:05, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:20:01PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> I had a perfectly working combination of Thunderbird and Firefox whereby
>> clicking on an URL link in TB would bring up that link in
>> Firefox......until this latest version, 3.6.6, installed earlier today
>> :-) . That nice link has now been destroyed.
>>
>> FF is my default browser, its path is written correctly in its
>> preferences (and it starts OK using this path on a command line), the
>> config file for TB hasn't been altered....
>>
>> Anyone else suffering this annoyance following the upgrade of FF?
>>
> Yup.

Oh good, I wasn't imagining it then :-) .

>   Upgraded from FF 3.0.x to 3.6.6 (some jump, huh?) and suddenly
> couldn't bring up FF from a URL in Mutt. Ran a few searches and found the
> fix was to add "export BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox" to my ~/.bashrc file.
> After I verified that it worked I commented it out, rebooted, and saw
> the same problem. Uncommented the entry and everything was fine.

Unless what you wrote above is not quite right or I am not reading it
correctly, adding a line into my .bashrc exactly as you show produces
the same result as one from a dead horse :-( .

But thank you for your response and suggested cure to the irritation :-) .

Years of perfect co-ordination between TB and FF have gone up in smoke
in a matter of a few minutes......I must now see how I can go back to
the previous version of FF...

BC