[Seahorse] Where can I obtain the proper definition text of the button 'Casually'?

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Sun Jan 31 22:14:34 UTC 2010

Hello scar,

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 11:38 -0700, scar wrote:

> Detlef Lechner @ 01/31/2010 10:47 AM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seahorse > Other Keys > (a certain key) > window 'Sign Key' > 'How
> > carefully have you checked this key?' > button 'Casually' is buggy. It
> > lists the same explanatory text as that of the button 'Not at all'.
> > Where can I obtain the proper definition text of the button 'Casually'?
>
> hi,
>
> on my system running ubuntu 9.04 and seahorse 2.26.1-0ubuntu1,

'~$ cat /etc/issue; Ubuntu 9.10 \n \l'
seahorse 2.28.1

> i do not
> see this problem.  if you are running a different version, perhaps check
> bug reports and file one if necessary? thanks

Compare
http://ubuntu-pics.de/bild/40525/screenshot_sign_key_j4hAFC.png
and
http://ubuntu-pics.de/bild/40526/screenshot_sign_key_1_ZGV025.png
Both windows show the same explanatory text. But the explanatory text
for the second picture is wrong.

> FYI, here is each explanation:
>
> Not at all: means you believe the key is owned by the person who claims
> to own it, but you could not or did not verify this to be a fact.
>
> Casually: means you have done a casual verification that the key is
> owned by the person who claims to own it. For example, you could read
> the key fingerprint to the owner over the phone.
>

> Very Carefully: Select this only if you are absolutely sure that this
> key is genuine.
> You could use a hard to forge photo identification (such as a passport)
> to personally check that the name on the key is correct. You should have
> also used email to check that the email address belongs to the owner.

Thank you very much for this excellent explanation.
I am hurrying to file a bug report to Launchpad.

Regards,
Detlef