[Solved] Teatime does not produce a sound from file desktop-login.ogg

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Sun Jan 31 21:25:47 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 19:40 -0500, Brian McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net> wrote:
> > I set up Teatime using the sound file desktop-login.ogg.
> > But Teatime does not produce this sound.
> > >From what set of files do I have to select a sound file for Teatime?
> > '~$ man teatime; No manual entry for teatime.'
> dpkg -L teatime shows no interesting files either.
> aptitude show teatime does give you a website though
> http://det.cable.nu/teatime/index.rbx
> which seems to say it uses gstreamer, and thus should play ogg files I
> would think.
> Perhaps a poke around that website would give you a place to start.
> Does the ogg file play in Movie Player?

It does.

I selected another .ogg file
(/usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo/phone-incoming-call.ogg).
This works great on two different Karmic computers.
Thank you very much for your help.
(I tested also another .ogg file. This worked all right also. I do not
know why the previous .ogg sound files which I tried, did not work.)

Detlef