Could somebody recommend a small utility to calculate the number of days between two dates?

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:12:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Johnneylee Rollins
<johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could somebody let me what tool I can use to calculate the number of
>> days before two dates in ubuntu?
>
> You can use the date program. I'm currently reading up on it and I
> will attach a script or anything I come up with.
> to read yourself, try man date
> I'll be back ;)
>
> ~SpaceGhost

If this might suit your need you can use the script here
http://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/4870-days-elapsed-between-2-dates.html#post16559
you'll need ksh, which is a simple sudo apt-get install ksh
Then if you need more help, just let us know.

~SpaceGhost