Installing Ubuntu (any distro?) on ASUS T91

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:08:27 UTC 2010

LAMP wrote:
> I have Asus T91 touch screen netbook. I was thinking to instal ubuntu
> (UNR?) or any other disto on it, but still be able to have touch screen
> ability.
>
> I googled an what I found nothing promising. usually nothing doesn't
> work "out of the box" and it requires a lot of hacking and fine tuning.
> and I'm bad in it.
>
> any idea and/or suggestions how to get with linux what I have  right now
> with WinXP?
>
> Thanks,
> LL

	I suggest you dual boot, windowsXP and Ubuntu. You will need
to use a Ubuntu liveCD to get Gparted which will let you make
space for Ubuntu. Load it.

	Grub will let you select windows or Ubuntu. So now you can
try Ubuntu on your touch screen and see if it works.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User