32 or 64??

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sun Jan 31 02:06:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 16:43 -0800, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> <snip>
> >        Why is this question ever asked? There are people who use 64
> > bit and are fat,dumb, and happy. There are people who use 32
> > bit and are fat,dumb, and happy.

It's a valid question; and as some of the messages in this thread have
pointed out, the answer has been a moving target over the past several
years.

> Karl, I am assuming you are talking about yourself, I am a young spry
> youth in tip top shape, kindly don't apply your physical downfalls to
> all of the ubuntu users. You don't understand why you would use one
> architecture over another, so really you're just making yourself look
> really really stupid. I like to forward the threads that you've
> commented on to my nerdy friends who know anything linux, and we sit
> and laugh for hours. About being dumb, I'm sure the only asshat is
> you.

Can we please avoid personal attacks here?  While it's true that Karl's
"advice" tends to range from just plain incorrect to the most
extravagant flights of fancy, that kind of name-calling doesn't help the
situation (and only makes you look foolish as well).

--
"The text is only a proposition." -Pierre Boulez
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682) http://www.lyonlabs.org