Possible To Burn Multiple Apps To One DVD-R With Menu?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 22:36:13 UTC 2010

Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 12:35 -0600, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> [snip]
>> Thanks for a fast reply. That occurred to me but still a lot of
>> specifics I don't know. I could certainly create an empty folder and
>> burn an iso to it, untar a .tar.bz2 or install a bin file but don't know
>> that that is the way do go.  Also, do I then create another iso file
>> from the folder before burning it to the DVD-R? What about a menu?
>> Not being pushy just calling attention to the fact that I've never been
>> down this road before. Hand holding is welcomed:-)
>
> I don't really have any hand-holding type advice on this issue, but I've
> considered this before, and thought of using GRUB to do it. The way I
> did it was I downloaded a Super Grub Disk, unpacked the ISO into a
> folder on my desktop, then launched the ISO in a virtual machine to
> examine how it was working as I read the files. It all seemed really
> simple, as in my recollection it simply did some action to change
> folders, then there was a menu.lst file in each folder linking to
> binaries, files, etc... (but this was based on grub legacy, and some
> time ago). I'd suggest following a similar path.

Thanks Andrew.  I think I see what you are getting at.  But, I'll stay
with k3b rather than learning something seemingly more difficult(grub).
I've got a folder in my /Home with the files I want to burn to the
DVD-R. I'll uncompress the tar.bz2 and burn the iso files to that
directory adding to it whatever else I want then try burn it all into
one big iso. This seem to be what I was told to try so far.  One thing
for sure I don't know is how to make an iso file. I haven't come across
anything in k3b about making an iso file. Oh well, some more googling to do.

> On this note, it's making me want to resurrect my project... I'll keep
> you posted if I do!

Thanks, appreciated.

--
Leonard