[Karmic] NX Remote (NoMachine)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 21:01:59 UTC 2010

On 01/29/2010 04:33 PM, Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:15:45 -0000, NoOp...

>>> Wild guessing time :-)
>>>
>>> If both users are basically the same couldn’t you mv .config and then
>>> copy
>>> the working one over.
>>
>> I'll probably try the .config mv after backing up everything. I've so
>> many customizations on this desktop that I want to make sure that I can
>> get all back to normal in the process. The irritating part is that: 1) I
>> had this working previously, and 2) this is the desktop that I
>> primarlily want to NX into (work from the laptop in another room on this
>> desktop).
>>
> It wouldn’t go wrong on a machine that wasn’t important, would it. :-)
>
> Rather then blow .config away completely why not rename the folders inside
> one at a time.  A bit long winded but less likely to cause problems.

I've figured out what the issue is, I can reproduce if I remove:

    Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"

from the /etc/X11/xorg.conf 'Section "Screen". The result looks exactly
like the issue in this bug report:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8786917/Screenshot.png
[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/131803]

It's OK on this screen (screen0), but NX is using an alternate screen
number, so now I just have to figure out how to fix it.