Download Manager Query

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 19:09:07 UTC 2010

When one downloads a duplicate copy of an app into the same folder, DM
add a "(2)" to the end of the filename and before any extension.  That's
good, I think, but you can no longer operate on the file, rename it or
execute it. I would like to execute the last downloaded file instead of
the older one, even though they are identical except for naming but
can't seem to do that. The error output is:

mv ubcd411(2).iso ubcd411.2.iso
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

I expect if I had tried to burn it, I would get a similar error.
Any one know how circumvent the issue?  thanks for the help.
--
Leonard