Possible To Burn Multiple Apps To One DVD-R With Menu?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 18:04:25 UTC 2010

What I want to do is place multiple utilities(may be iso, tar*, bin or
whatever) on a single DVD-R bootable disk along with some sort of menu
program that would allow me to select the program I want to run.  Is it
even possible with free software? K3B would be nice to use if possible
and Human Friendly. Have googled over the issue but only read about
proprietary software(don't want) and mostly burning videos or audios to
a single disk for playback. I have used K3B and Roxio to burn ubuntu
isos, all single isos, but for nothing else. Would be nice but maybe
expecting too much if I had an outline of preparatory steps to take
before I actually burn the iso, such as; untarring, putting everything
in one folder for easy access, setting up the menu, etc. If not, I would
be most appreciative of any links, howtos(ubuntu expecially) or personal
guidance on this issue as I'm totally in the dark on how to do it.  Man
k3b was little more than a help menu. khelpcenter help:/k3b seems to
indicate it can be done(expected) but could use a lot more detail on one
who's never done it before.
I run kde on ubuntu but willing to start gnome if only directions for
gnome is available.  Appreciate any guidance whatsoever. Thanks.
--
Leonard