Network

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Jan 29 23:17:00 UTC 2010

Linda wrote:
> Patton Echols wrote:
>> On 01/27/2010 08:00 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>
>>> Windows 7 supports NFS? Another reason for making sharing over NFS
>>> easier I guess...
>>>

>> Per another thread this week, Win 7 support for NFS is only on the Pro
>> version and IIRC, in an XP vm. (Yeah, sounded crazy to me too) No
>> experience with it myself, but Probably don't want to jump in that
>> direction w/o some research.
>>

> It is possible that Win 7 ultimate or Enterprise has real NFS client
> support, but I bought Pro specifically because I was told it had NFS
> client by 4 different sources and then after install when I couldn't
> find it was told you had to access it in XP mode, not what I thought I
> was buying!!

 From

http://sagehacks.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/howto-mount-nfs-shares-under-windows-7/

"On the Windows side, you mount an NFS export much like any other
network share, by issuing a command such as

mount [options] //nfs-server-unc-name/share-name [drive letter]

This is assuming, of course, that you’ve installed Client Services for
NFS under Windows. NFS support is one of those optional packages that is
available via the Add/Remove Software wizard in the Control Panel."

But only Ultimate and Enterprise apparently...