1080p Playback

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:43:40 UTC 2010

Yet another mistake by me, a quick Google reveals I had a HD 4670 (I
am really not on the ball today!) but as you mentioned the ATI support
should of been pretty apt.

I am really rather perplexed as to why my Palit GT 240 (which is a
GeForce GT240 with GDDR 5 instead of 3 and with a slight over-clock)
won't do the job. I have spoken to a few now with technically inferior
cards playing 1080p fine (mostly Intel chip sets though). I used to
have a Popcorn Hour which is vast inferior but it was an integrated
chip set and for that reason could play 1080p. I must be at some sort
of disadvantage from not having an integrated chip set?

--
Regards,
James ;)

Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html