IMAP Problem?

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:30:01 UTC 2010

	For about a year I have been using IMAP to get my email. It
works fine for the most part but two problems crop up. The
first seems always to be in the early morning in New Mexico,
and getting a message from this list will take more than a
minute. Later it clears up and the typical message takes 2
seconds to display.

	The second problem occurs when a friend sends me email with a
big attachment, say 10MB. I click to read the email and it
takes minutes until the message can be read. It is clear that
the attachment came with the email to my computer. But when I
click to store the attachment, it d/l the attachment again!

	I wonder if these problems might be solved by using pop3
instead of IMAP?

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI