How to Upgrade Grub2 ?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Jan 28 00:26:27 UTC 2010

On 01/28/2010 06:59 AM, Tortise wrote:

>> I think I need to upgrade ubuntu server 9.10 GRUB 1.97~beta4 {2009-10-05}
>>
>> with GRUB 1.97.2. {2010-01-24} (To see if that addresses my issue)
>>
>> Reference: http://grub.enbug.org/FrontPage
>>
>> How does one do this?
>>
>> (My problem is similar to that detailed by poster #2 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8662452&posted=1#post8662452.)
>> Essentially there seem to be grub issues when using a HDD larger than recognised by older BIOS.

I can send to you grub2 version 1.98 on iso. But I doubt it will do you
any good. Problem of old bios and LVM issues of large hd affect only
grub-legacy. As far as I know, grub2 has taken care of this.

If you are on grub-legacy, I can suggest creating a small boot partition
of 150 Mb to the first partition and this will solve the problem.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but I'll send to you grub2 version 1.98
direct to you.

regards - goh lip