Resizing ext4 partition

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:11:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
>> I'll take a pair.
>>>        What I did was suggest he use a LiveCD which has Gparted and
>>> make the extended partition large. Wade came back with his
>>> /dev/sda2 was locked. After a while it became clear that
>>> /dev/sda2 was not his extended partition.
>>>
>>>        At this point I gave up because another person came in and
>>> showed Wade how to unlock /dev/sda2. I'm not sure they EVER
>>> found the extended partition!
>> Hey karl you know you can make /dev/sda2 a extended partition? Yeah
>> crazy, right?
>
>        Yes but you forget the person with the problem said "I have a
> extended partition but it is too small". And it is silly to
> put your extended partition on /dev/sda2. Any normal person
> uses /dev/sda4 and that is that.

God Karl, you are seriously one good troll.
Buddy, there is a rule in place about linux, it's called YMYR
Your machine, your rules. Basically I can do as I please. Your
practices aren't worth anything to me, because half the time they
don't work for me.
Here's a thought, stop being pig-headed and learn that your methods
are just yours, not superior or even preferable.

<snip>

~SpaceGhost