emacs21 for 9.10?

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Tue Jan 26 21:57:47 UTC 2010

Steve writes:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:37:42 -0000, John Conover <conover at rahul.net> wrote:
>

> > Is there an emacs21 for 9.10?
> >
> > There is so much broken in emacs22, (not Ubuntu's fault,) that a lot
> > of lisp has to be re-written.
> >
> If emacs23 is any better you can get it here
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive/ppa

Thanks, Steve. Works like a charm.

In ReMix 9.10, the mode line in emacs23 is missing, (emacs is too
tall, and pushes the mode line off the bottom of the display,) on a
16:9'ish Lenovo S10 laptop.

Is there a quick fix?

   Thanks,

   John

BTW, many thanks to the maintainers/developers of ReMix 9.10. Very
sweet OS on a Lenovo S10. I expected to have to fight with the camera,
sound, etc. But everthing worked out of the box other than the
esoteric stuff, like above. Job well done.

--

John Conover, conover at rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/