Cyrix video chip driver ... what provides?

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Tue Jan 26 18:07:55 UTC 2010

Nobody has anything?

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Brunner,
Brian T.
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 11:58 AM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Cyrix video chip driver ... what provides?

I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10

CPU is a single-board ETX-format tiny little thing for embedded work.

PROBLEM: runs in low graphics mode only, and very slowly, complining
that module cyrix is not found nor installed.
Sudo apt-get install \*cyrix\* doesn't help.

Dmesg has an interesting line: "Working around Cyrix MediaGX Virtual DMA
bugs".

cat /proc/cpuinfo gives

Processor : 0
Vendor_Id : CyrixInstead
Cpu family : 5
Model : 9
Model name : Geode (tm) integrated processor by National Semi Stepping :
2 cpu MHz : 267.270 Cache size : 16KB

I suppose nothing else influences the answer to the question: Where is
the video driver for this, meaning what should I apg-get install?